Saturday Seminar presents:
Container Gardening: Right Plant, Right Place, Right Container
Saturday, May 19, 2018
10 a.m. to noon
NC Cooperative Extension
Buncombe County Center
49 Mt. Carmel Road
Presenters: Kay Green, Amy Shumate, and Nancy Wilson, Extension Master GardenerSM Volunteers
What do you do when you love gardening but only have a small space to work with? Do you yearn for a homegrown tomato that tastes fresh from the vine? Do you want to cook with fresh herbs but the grocery store packages are too much and too costly for your favorite recipe? Do you want fresh flowers on your dining table but not the typical store selections?
Container gardening may be the answer for you! Yes, you can successfully grow vegetables, herbs, and flowers in containers. Attend our seminar and learn how. We’ll discuss:
- The benefits of container gardening
- Vegetables, herbs, and flowers that grow best in containers
- Selecting containers
- Combining plants (herbs and/or flowers) for the best result
- Designing an eye-catching container of flowers
- Growing houseplants that thrive in your home
- Selecting the right potting mix
- Planting, fertilizing, watering, and repotting
We take the mystery out of container gardening and will send you home with new information and a great handout.
The seminar is free but registration is necessary. Please register by calling 828-255-5522.