How to Donate*
If you are want to make direct, tax deductible donations to the Buncombe County Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteer (EMGV) program, here are two easy options:
Donate Via Check
Make checks payable to the Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteer Association of Buncombe County (EMGVABC) with a note on the check indicating it is a donation. Mail check to EMGVAC, Cooperative Extension Center, 49 Mount Carmel Road, Suite 102, Asheville, NC 28806, Attention: Sandi Belfor, treasurer.
Donations help us fulfill our mission to support, teach, & encourage our local community of gardeners.
Some of the Buncombe County Extension Master GardenerSM Programs your donation will help sustain include:
- Youth education and School Garden Grants to local schools;
- Therapeutic Horticulture, gardening in communities and special populations;
- Education porgrams such as Gardening in the Mountains, Saturday Seminars, & online Garden blogs;
- Garden Helpline; Information tables at tailgate markets and local events (Herb Fest and Mountain State Fair), Compost Demonstration Site; AND, our newest initiative….
- The Learning Garden, a collection of demonstration & teaching gardens at the Buncombe County Extension Center at 49 Mount Carmel Road.
*Fund raising efforts for the Extension Master GardenerSM volunteers of Buncombe County operate under the auspices of the Extension Master GardenerSM Association of Buncombe County (EMGVABC), a non-profit, charitable and educational corporation as defined by Internal Revenue Service code 501(c)3. Proceeds of your donations will support public education programs offered by the Extension Master GardenerSM Program of Buncombe County. The Extension Master GardenerSM Volunteer Association of Buncombe County was incorporated on October 9, 2017, in Asheville, NC. The Extension Master Gardener Association of Buncombe County Tax ID number is 56-2152952.