Thanks to all who bought tickets to the Garden Tour….with a beautiful day and your attendance, the tour was a major success!
“Follow Your Passion”
Advance tickets are $15./person. Day of tour will be $20./person. Online ticket sales will end on 6/20/2013. For additional information, please call 828-255-5522. Follow the 2013 Garden Tour on Facebook.
The fourth biennial Garden Tour will be Saturday, June 22, 2013 from 9:00 am until 4 pm. Six gardens will be opening their garden gates to the public for this one day. This is a self guided tour with three residential gardens, one school garden, and two Bed and Breakfast inns.
The tour will begin at Isaac Dickson School in downtown Asheville.
Aspects of this year’s featured gardens will include:
- Isaac Dickson School Garden-Veggies, fruit, living roofs, and chickens
- Residential Garden – Beekeeping, composting, and rain barrels
- Residential Garden – Raised vegetable beds, terracing on steep slopes and storm water management
- Residential Garden – Shade gardening, plant collections, and gardening in mature years
- A Bed and Breakfast garden – Mature trees, gardens and water feature.
- A Bed and Breakfast garden – Extensive water feature, koi pond and greenhouse with a large orchid collection.
In addition to an exhibit explaining the Extension Master Gardener School Grant Program, we will have presentations from tour sponsors present at Isaac Dickson school with garden related items for sale to the public.
Proceeds of the tour benefit the Master Gardeners School Garden Grant program, which provides grants to our local schools to support school garden programs. The garden tour is co-sponsored by the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc., a non-profit, charitable and educational corporation (public charity) as defined in Internal Revenue Service code 501(c)3. The North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc. was incorporated on November 24, 1944 in Raleigh, NC as a means of supporting agricultural research, extension, and teaching activities in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at North Carolina State University. The NC Agricultural Foundation’s Tax ID number is 56-6049304.